Founded in 1978, Food Decision Software Inc. (FDS), has emerged as one of the top respected names in food industry specific software, providing its solution, WinFDS, exclusively to companies involved in the distribution, processing and/or manufacturing of food products.
FDS is constantly on the lookout for talented people. Today, we are under expansion as we address the needs of midsize companies from 5 to 150 million in revenues.
Senior Sales Representative
Founded in 1978, Food Decision Software Inc. (FDS) is a mature and respected software developer for the food industry. FDS provides its solution, WinFDS, exclusively to companies involved in the distribution, processing and/or manufacturing of food products. The solutions of FDS are focused on small to medium sized customers throughout North America. Through a long history of success, strong brand awareness, and effective social media marketing we have a large target list of accounts ready for sales conversations.
FDS has a unique opportunity for a mature individual at or near the end of their working career. FDS is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Sales Representatives who has reached the point in their life where working is an opportunity to stay engaged and supplement their retirement income. The hours are flexible and can be anything from part-time to full-time for the right candidate. The role includes a base salary and commission.
Scope of Role:
- Web and social media marketing campaigns
- Lead Qualification
- Full cycle sales process management
- Manage web and social media marketing campaigns
- Maintain C.R.M. database
- Sales Process from qualification through demonstrations & proposals to closing
- Report on sales opportunities in the sales funnel regularly to the C.E.O.
- Represent FDS professionally and in alignment with our values of delivering high quality products and services to support our customer’s business objectives
- Minimum 10 years Software Sales Experience
- Willingness to learn and the ability to grasp new ideas and information quickly
- Ability to work independently
- Active listener and customer value focused communicator
Strong business acumen and ability to understand the link between business need and application of technology
- Experience in distribution, warehouse management, supply chain or logistics
- Experience in the food manufacturing or distribution industry is an asset
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Gives credit and acknowledges contributions and efforts of other team members. Makes outstanding efforts to help the organization succeed.
- Customer Service: Follows up with clients during and after delivery of services to ensure that their needs have been met. Puts clients’ issues in order of priority and addresses most pressing concerns.
- Ownership & Accountability: Takes initiative to escalate problems or mistakes to other team members for assistance in a timely manner. Acknowledges and takes ownership when circumstances have jeopardized a business result and comes up with a plan to produce the result
- Results & Achievement Orientation: Recommends clear and realistic project goals, activities, timelines, deliverables/products, and accountabilities. Evaluates progress and adjusts actions to meet and exceed expectations.
- Decision Making: Draws logical conclusions based on in-depth analysis of information. Makes straightforward decisions based on information that is generally adequate. Seeks guidance as needed when the situation is unclear.
- Independence & Initiative: Takes action to avoid an imminent problem. Capitalizes on an imminent opportunity.
- Integrity & Transparency: Makes decisions / recommendations and takes action consistent with the organization’s ethics and values.
- Fast Learning Curve: Open to new ideas and able to grasp concepts quickly. Anticipates change and adapts own plans and priorities accordingly.
- Striving for Excellence & Detail Orientation: Verifies assumptions and information before accepting them. Reviews all relevant information or aspects of a situation before taking action or making a decision. Takes steps to deal constructively with setbacks.
- Communications Skills: Communicates effectively with varied audiences and organizational levels.
- Sales Process: Is process oriented and sees the value in applying organizational sales processes effectively.
We thank all applicants. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Please send your resume quoting “Senior Sales Representative” to firstname.lastname@example.org.