Software for Food DistributorsTwo things that make food and beverage distribution unique as an industry while creating challenges for distributors: perishable inventory and repetitive customer ordering. Having food distributor software that facilitate rigorous inventory control and automated order processing can transform how your employees work, how your customers buy, and drive measurable ROI. In addition to inventory and ordering concerns, food distributors must contend with several additional needs, some of which can be quite time-consuming to address through manual processes. Things such as route planning and route management can be largely automated, potentially saving managers hours each week. Having full product traceability can also save enormous amounts of time if there’s a recall. If not properly addressed, all of these challenges can create enormous inefficiencies within food distribution businesses, and even lost sales resulting from inventory errors. Additionally, having an online purchasing process and automated order taking can transform your most frequent buyer touchpoint, making their lives easier and preventing customer attrition.
- Extensive tracking mechanisms to support tracking of perishable and rotating inventories.
- Automated and augmented order processing improves the buyer and salesperson experience.
- Total product traceability makes recalls easy.
- Support for multiple units of measure (cases, splits, catch weights).
- Automated bill back processes makes sure you receive all refunds you’re eligible for.